Hair Benefits From a Plant
Aloe vera has been used for centuries and is currently more popular than ever. The plant has been used as a flavoring in foods and in food supplements, herbal remedies and in cosmetics. Studies report of its beneficial effects because of its antioxidant and possible antimicrobial properties. It’s been studied for teeth and gums, constipation, and foot ulcers, It’s said that it can offer protection from ultraviolet irradiation, skin damage after radiation therapy, and wounds from second-degree burns.
Aloe vera for hair care has always been talked about. And with good reason. The plant is rich in vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids – great ingredients for hair. It is high in water content and a pH similar to hair’s natural pH level. Also, aloe vera has a chemical make up similar to that of keratin, rejuvenating the hair with its own nutrients, giving it more elasticity and preventing breakage.
Hence, where hair is concerned, aloe vera provides these amazing benefits.
- Aloe vera calms inflammation and protects. It is naturally anti-inflammatory due to its fatty-acids. It forms a protective layer on the scalp and hair which keeps them safe from pollution and dust.
- Aloe vera strengthens and repairs. It contains vitamins A, C, E, and B-12 which provide healthy hair cell growth. It also has a high collagen content which strengthens the hair shaft to prevent breakage.
- Aloe vera cleanses. It is an effective cleanser by removing oil and residue from hair follicles. Because it’s a plant, it doesn’t harm the hair while cleansing it, unlike what chemicals do.
- Aloe vera conditions. With its high moisture content, it keeps hair hydrated – making hair is healthier, brighter and softer hair – giving hair the conditioning needed.
- Aloe vera nourishes. This is because of the high mineral content of the plant. Some of these minerals are calcium, magnesium, zinc, chromium, selenium, sodium, iron, potassium, copper, and manganese.
With aloe vera’s amazing benefits, no wonder it should be part of any one’s hair care routine. Does your hair product contain aloe vera?
Getting Your Aloe Vera Fix in Bellevue
Here at Geena Moon’s, we use certified organic aloe vera gel for hair. Gina uses Loma Aloemoist Complex as one of the naturally inspired, organically infused hair care system of Loma products.