A square face is characteristic of a strong, broad forehead and an angular jaw. Women with square faces generally want to seek out hairstyles that soften the jawline. If you have a square face, here are some rough guidelines as to what kind of style will work best for you:
- Short and mid-length hair is your friend, especially if you can achieve a rounded look with wispy ends.
- Wispy hair falling forward over your face serves to soften your jawline. Alternatively, try wearing bangs that sweep to the side.
- Any style that adds height to the crown is a strong choice.
- Avoid a blunt bob, especially ones that sit at chin length with straight and heavy bangs. This will give your face a boxy appearance.
- If you’re parting your hair, stay away from middle parts with solid bangs.
- A short hairstyle with a square look to it will work against you.
Geena Moon can help you to find just the right style to suit your face. Talk to the stylists at our Bellevue hair salon today to learn more.