You have an oblong face if your face is longer than it is wide, and you have a long, straight cheek line. When selecting a hairstyle, your object is to enhance your width while minimizing the appearance of length. You can accomplish this with the following strategies:
- You are served best by short or medium-length styles that have longer top layers, but not much height. Examples of such styles include graduated bob cuts, or a wedge.
- Alternatively, consider a chin or shoulder-length style that turns under or kicks out from your face.
- If you’re going for a longer length, try a layered look that adds body. A wavy or curly texture will serve well to soften the long, straight lines of your face.
- When it comes to parts, a side part is your friend. Avoid middle parts.
- It’s a good idea for you to always wear bangs. In particular, straight-across bangs will help to add width.
- Avoid wispy, chin-length looks that have no body.
If you have an oblong face, Geena Moon’s Bellevue hair salon can help to find the perfect hairstyle for you.