If the width of your forehead, cheekbones, and jaw are all roughly equal, you probably have a square face. Such faces are generally characteristic of a strong jawline, giving you a chiselled appearance. This is a strong shape for men, lending itself nicely to the square and angular hairstyles favored by those with a masculine sensibility. Some consider it to be the most flattering shape that a man can have.
Men with square faces can make use of a wide range of styles. However, it is generally considered a good idea to find styles that serve to soften the edges a little. Consider the following tips to achieve this effect:
- Try cutting your hair in layers to foster the appearance of length in your face.
- Avoid covering the forehead with bangs.
- If you part your hair, avoid parting it down the middle.
- Keep the area around your ears clear.
- Look for styles that mirror the square shape of your face.
For additional help achieving a hairstyle that will work for you, talk to our Bellevue hair salon.